Monday, March 19, 2012

March update

I met with Andrielle's teacher and her O.T. last week to go over some of the goals the O.T. has for Andrielle. I really like Andrielle's therapists, especially her O.T. She's so funny and has some really great ideas for things I can be doing to help Andrielle at home. It was nice spending some time in the classroom with Andrielle. I miss going to Kids Who Count because I don't feel quite as involved as I used to. It was good getting to sit in on her class and just watch her. I've seen so much progress in the past few weeks. She's picked up a lot of new words, can count to 12, and can label a few letters and numbers. It's great seeing her progress.

Andrielle has qualified for the summer preschool program (yay!). She will get to go to 2 days a week for 6 weeks in the middle of the summer. I'm really glad she won't be going all summer without seeing any therapists. She will be staying at East Meadows Elementary for summer school, but we haven't been told yet whether or not Miss Nicole (Mrs. Kemble) will be her teacher, though.

She also gets to stay at East Meadows with Miss Nicole next year and will get 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs). She'll ride the same bus and stay in the same class. I'm really happy about this! I keep feeling like Andrielle is getting special treatment, and it's awesome! Whatever the reason is, I'm not complaining! I'm so grateful for these programs and all that they are doing for my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment